Sunday, August 7, 2016

Love Contrivance (4)

   
   "Love Contrivance (4)"
   
   I wended my weird way through the pastoral scenery of it all, approaching the ending of Franklin, a stone's throw from the Nashville line; however, I never penetrated that particular area of Music City, and yes--I do consider Franklin to also be part of Music City--that's just my opinion.
   Anyway, in a weak and barely middle-class suburbia did I anchor my rough and tough Plymouth on the concrete driveway running up to my house.  I entered through the garage, making my wild way into the incense-burning house, Grandma loving to drive the tempting fairies away, yet embrace those full of love and luck by way of offering up jasmine incense during the Moon's monitor of us Earthlings.
   I was Grandma's concierge of sorts, being her LOVE BOAT Gopher, and as I sat down during the hint of a Sun's rise, Grandma was drinking coffee, breathing normally, and sucking in the tobacco down to her toes.  Hell, I lit me a Lucky Strike up as well.
   Grandma looked at me with her spirited-green eyes and probed:  "So Simon, did you see any foxes or cops?"
   I replied:  "I always see foxes and cops on my route--part of the job."
   Grandma next with:  "Well, eat some fruitcake, have your chocolate milk, and go get plenty of sweet rest.  Maybe you can push me through the mall in my wheelchair when you get up, and we can eat at the food court."
   It sounded like a plan.  But was something missing.?  A female partner?  Or was I forever to be engaged to incorporeal fairies, though armed with a type of essence, hungrily haunting me for their own pleasures, but when something truly loves you--why not love it back?
   So, I went to my bedroom, got on my humble knees, offering a spirited prayer to the Trinity; then, made the sign of the cross over myself and climbed into bed, pulling the aqua-blue quilt over me that offered communicative dreams during my daytime slumber.