Friday, August 12, 2016

Love Contrivance (17)

   
   "Love Contrivance (17)"
   
   Enjoying my time with Ai @ the BURGER KING, I treated her to a large SPRITE that only ran a buck with nine cents--Diamond Jim Brady, right?  Hell, I delivered newspapers.
   Early on, before the specter of death took Dad, he would bully me concerning my job.  This isn't good enough, you're a loser, working a job for losers; next, I explained to him how Homer Simpson worked at a nuclear power plant, and there was no bigger loser than that animated dude, blistering with bravado, and not able to handle his own offspring.
   But I strayed from shrinks and their medication, not having the health insurance to cover the mighty anti-psychotics, medicating myself with meditation, and now:  enjoying my time with the lovely Ai.  
   She sipped her SPRITE with lady-like sophistication, playing no parts, wearing no masks from the iniquitous, ancient gallery.  It was a breath of fresh air.
   Then, I realized:  GRANDMA!!!
   Courage commanding:  I kissed Ai on the forehead, got her SMART HORN number, and bolted homewards in my mighty Road Runner--though, I've been the dog they all tried to beat.
   Grandma was sitting in her wheelchair watching the LONE RANGER, puffing away on tobacco, and upon my entrance blurted:  "Well it's about time Mr. Simon Swiss."