Saturday, August 6, 2016

Love Contrivance (2)

   
   "Love Contrivance (2)"
   
   This brunette, a chick of course; plus, she was a cop, used to pull my dusty Plymouth over all the time and chat it up with me in suburban Franklin.  She always asked about my night; moreover, said she was just checking on me, and would make her exodus after hinting at something by offering me a moonlit wink.  What the hell--it was all cool.
   I'd burn the time with tobacco and COAST TO COAST AM, a paranormal late night show on the radio, discussing everything from Catholic exorcism to flying saucers and little green men being prone to bite you--if they landed in your back yard and went through your trash and shit.
   But the nocturnal wildlife under the big neon glitter's glow was the sweetest of my laboring observations.  A couple of coyotes here and there, but they were shy or cunning, super agile, moving with a stealth-like mercury through their invaded homeland, living off of sewage, trash, rabbits, mice, and all the things that pranced through the mystical night during the witching hour.  Not skunks though, and skunks were plentiful in Franklin, when the Moon did ignite a day's remembering reflection of tomorrow.