Friday, August 26, 2016

Flash: The Wiry Whippet (5)

   
   "Flash:  The Wiry Whippet (5)"
   
   Like a thief in the night, the prankster adolescents approached, carrying toilet paper, eggs, and even shaving cream--oh my, what was that for--were they gonna try and shave Henry's mustache off?  No, Henry loved his handlebar mustache!
   That ignited me to defense--the only way to play.  And with the Moon as my light, and my sniffer superior with insight, I sprinted at the kids, Scooper following, but only as a goofy, fun-loving Lab would, and the kids took off.  That simple.  Stand up with your intrinsic traits; next, the cradle will rock, and the baby sleeps, for we must muster ourselves, though never monstrous, unless of course we're monsters.
   Scooper was still chasing the kids, yelling at their retreat:  "Play with me!  Play with me!"
   Even love can chase away things.  
   So, I took my paw pads and sauntered back inside the house, sitting next to my Master, Henry--on this spooky Halloween night.  He continued to hand out candy to nicer children, always with a smile, and me at his side.  Some might say it was a pathetic life.  But what they don't know was:  I loved Henry, and would lay down my life for him.  Do you have anybody that would do that for you?  Or would they lock you away from grace and favor?
   Oh well, Scooper came back, all muddy, carrying a stick he found on the road.  It's how life goes, sometimes.