Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Near Death Experience



   "Near Death Experience"
   
   One of my near-death-experiences, my favorite really, was in Little Rock, when I was in my late twenties.  The cleaning lady at the hospital, where I stayed for a week would say:  "But you're so young."
   I kept telling my physician about the blood loss; he wouldn't listen.  When I checked myself into the Emergency Room, and had lab work done--I had less than half the blood in my body; furthermore, my brother called me on the phone--heroically, I stated:  "Walk in the park."
   Next, I kept running to the bathroom, more blood shooting from my bowels, all hooked up to intravenous saline, among other things, and the nurses were laughing at me, saying with much weird mirth:  "There he goes again."
   When I finally got my transfusion of less than ichor, the nighttime nurse told me that she wanted to die when she lost control of her bowels.  Hell, didn't she know why I was there?  Of course, but like the bad guys in KARATE KID:  "No mercy."  
   Some are like unto Elijah and Enoch, becoming Twin Arch-Angels, going up into Heaven, as did the Virgin Mary, without corporeally passing.  I understand the Passion of Christ, in the sense of nearly bleeding to death.  In and out of consciousness.  But I didn't want to die, for the second X-Men movie had come out that day, and I was determined to be entertained before meeting my Maker.
   After major Cardiac Arrest, back in the day, people usually only lived for an approximate five to six years.  My Bio-Dad made it over twenty, and he told me that he saw the Light.  
   Will.  Will.  Will.  And he smoked and drank like a true Irishman.  
   It's all in God's Hands.  Or God puts it in yours.  Just shut up with the negativity, or karma may kick you in the ass, and I've been there.  Love, hope, have faith, and know the Passion of Christ--He did it for all of us!!!  Even the nasty ones.